Thursday 23 July 2009

Uneasy relationships

I've been thinking a lot about relationships, the obligatory ones and the ones of choice.
Just because we have family does not mean that we have to be at ease around them, or indeed that we have to like them. I detest a lot of my family, always have. I love lots of my family also and get along really well with them.
I have an uneasy relationship with my son. Partly because of his problems but also a lot to do with me.
When he was younger my relationship with his dad was dreadful and I think that coloured how I feel around him. I struggle to relax with him and I feel on edge when he is here. I am fine when I go to visit him or meet up with him, just not when he is in my space.
I get on well with my daughter, there has never been any of the uneasiness with her.
Sometimes I think we are programmed with expectations of what is and isn't right. It is hard to break from this and just be.
My relationship with the Goddess and the God is sometimes uneasy. I am sure that much of that is because of my conditioning. It also has a lot to do with know thyself, I do know myself and that self is a mixture of things.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Ambermoggie,
    I know exactly what you mean. And we'll talk mare when we meet...I hope I'm not one of those relationships where you can't wait to get away from! lol.
    I look forward to reading more of your insights, thoughts and inner feelings.
    Just remember, you are not alone.
    Love you Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the welcome back - big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's that saying? You can choose your friends but you can't choose your family?! But I definitely think we still have choices about our family and have to do what it takes to keep ourselves... at peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well now "Mog" as I seem to be your first follower...are you going to write anything else?

    I would like to hear a little more of your inner thoughts...

    Sorry if that sounds bossy...I'm an eldest child...we do tend to boss people around...I don't really mean it, sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to find this little corner...I'll be follower #2, shall I?

    ~bb~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with your sentiments.;)
    Thank you so much for stopping by my place and for your kind comment,
    xo
    Zuzana

    ReplyDelete